- Counsel (Swedish attorney) /Solicitor (England & Wales), Törngren Magnell, 2019 –
- Senior underwriter/Solicitor, AIG Europe (Nordic transactional insurance / W&I team) 2017 – 2019
- Managing associate/Solicitor/Advokat, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2014 – 2017
- Senior associate/Solicitor/EU Advokat, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2010 – 2014
- Associate solicitor, Fox Williams (London), 2006 – 2010
- Trainee solicitor, Fox Williams (London), 2004 – 2006
- College of Law (legal practice course) 2003 – 2004
- Queen Mary University of London (LLB, law, First class hons) 2001 – 2003
- York University (BA Hons, Cultural Studies, summa cum laude) 1999 – 2001
- Lund University 1997 – 98
- University of Victoria (Canada) 1994 – 1996
- English (native)
- Law Society of England and Wales 2004 –
- Swedish Bar Association, 2015
Bruce McGinn is a highly experienced dual-qualified attorney (Sweden, England) with 15 years’ experience of transactional and advisory work, with a particular focus on international M&A deals involving Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
Bruce specialises in project management for complex M&A transactions, drafting and negotiating documentation, managing international multi-disciplinary due diligence investigations, and helping the client get what it bargained for in M&A, JV, investment and real estate transactions.
Bruce often works with international clients and has been engaged in sale and acquisition mandates in variety of industrial areas, particularly infrastructure (transport and energy), pharmaceuticals and financial services/tech industry. Bruce spent seven years in the Stockholm office of a leading international Nordic law firm.
Bruce has particular expertise advising on transactional insurance products. He comes most recently from AIG Europe where he worked as a senior underwriter for the Nordic M&A Insurance team. He can therefore provide an insider’s view on W&I insurance and other known and unknown risk policies and the processes and tactics to achieve the best outcomes with such products.
Bruce began his career as a corporate solicitor (6 years in a leading London firm) and remains on the English Roll of Solicitors.
Bruce was recognized in Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Sweden M&A (2017).